Thursday, February 23, 2012

Forward....march.....

So I have everything going, I think...I got to start my radiation yesterday...they called me outa left field & asked if I could come down & do the set up stuff with the mask & while I was there, she went ahead & knocked out the first treatment. Just like last time, the actual radiation takes like 4 minutes...it takes longer to get on the table...LOL...I did forget tho, today, after the second blast, how so verrrrrrrrrry tired it makes you. Absolutely like someone is sucking the oxygen outa your body. I have got to remember not to push it. They are much more concerned this time around about the swelling I have had in my head and to get it & keep it under control....that's pretty scary stuff....my brain swells....hmmmmm, & for once, it's not a bar joke.....but the steroids are managing that, we hope, and after tweaking the dosage to all the stuff I take to fight those side effects, it's running pretty well...I have gained 14 pounds in about 10 days....but I did start off at about 100lbs in the first place so I needed some butt on me to fight this....LOL!!!
I scheduled my first, and yes, I said my first liver procedure today. When I consulted with the radiologist who will be doing it, I was given a bit more reality than my oncologist gave me....first, this will not be one out patient procedure...he wants to do each side of my liver one at the time & then go back for another round on both sides. He tells me the tumors there are pretty enveloped and obviously so aggressive, growing thru the chemo I have been on, that this is the best chance to make the most impact. I will be in the hospital for 24 hours cuz he prefers to keep his patients for side effects monitoring from the whole thing. I'm hoping they have a massage therapist there while I'm on my day vacay....LOL
I kid, but, gotta say, this time around is scarier than before...
trust my docs, trust my meds...but most of all...trust my God!

4 comments:

  1. I will see you in heaven Lee Ann. I thank God for being blessed to have known you.
    Steve Davis

    ReplyDelete
  2. I miss looking on here and seeing your posts my dear friend- you will never know just how much you are missed and needed- You gave me such strength and courage to face my battles when we found out about Daddy- I hope you have both found each other along with your momma and are having a blessed time- I miss you Lee always will :) Much love my angel till we meet again

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really miss reading your posts. I come back here from time to time to see how positive and upbeat you remained. My mom received word back on her mammogram that they think they saw something cancerous. She has to go back for another one. She had a mastectomy 6 years ago. This is a blow for the family. Thank you for your wonderful friendship!!!!! I enjoyed working with you at the car wash. No more pain:---(

    ReplyDelete
  4. Today, I went to the beachfront with my kids.

    I found a sea shell and gave it to my 4 year old daughter
    and said "You can hear the ocean if you put this to your ear." She placed the shell to
    her ear and screamed. There was a hermit crab inside and it pinched her ear.
    She never wants to go back! LoL I know this is entirely off topic but
    I had to tell someone!

    my blog :: airplanes games
    My web site > airplane simulation games

    ReplyDelete