Wednesday, June 02, 2010

Never thought it'd be me...

After bartending, managing, and owning bars for the last 20 years, I've thrown alot of benefits for different things and different people. I did run a cancer benefit years ago, but most of them were for local people who had been hit with local problems, like hurricane damage...I was asked today if a team that is walking in the 3 Day could use my name for the 'In honor of'. Gotta say I was honored but it's one of those things that bring it all back into focus that I'm sick....big time sick...it's kinda eerie and wonderful all at the same time, but if it means gettin' people out to their benefit to raise the money they need to walk...I'M SOOOOO IN!

2 comments:

  1. HI Lee Ann, I'm not sure if you remember me, I'm your Aunt Linda's daughter-in-law. We've only met once at your Dad's house. You and your Dad made a huge impression on me. I don't believe I have ever in my life met two people that I could have ever felt more comfortable with upon meeting than you two. I'm just finding out about your journey and have sat and read your entire blog, nearly in tears at times, but having been down my own journey I realized that none of us will ever allow ourselves to be considered victims, so instead I would like to hi-five your courage,toughness, humor, strength, and all the other things we all find we are made of when times get rough. With much love, Jenna Newton www.bcjourney.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry Jenna I didn't respond to this earlier...I just saw it! I do in fact remember you and thank you for your kind words! It's definitely a journey that must be taken with positive attitude for success! Much love to ya'll!

    ReplyDelete