Monday, September 20, 2010

As The World Turns...

Tuesday, Sept 14th was the date of my PET scan. It was time to find out where we were really at...every other scan I had was at 9am in the morning and this one was scheduled for 11, so I was kinda afraid that I wouldn't get the results the same day as I had in the past. My terminally late husband went into the office that morning and was, of course, late getting home for me to leave...now that presented more than one problem...first, my biggest pet peeve in life is being late...second, my nerves were already frazzled and waiting for him to be 10 minutes late seemed like an hour & just set my mood on end...and third, and most importantly, there are some labs that won't let you come in late and I wasn't sure if this was one of them so I had to make the 35 minute drive worrying that I wasn't even gonna get this test done today...I got there 15 minutes late and the receptionist called back to the tech & thankfully she told her she'd get me in. I did my thing, knew the drill, and took care of business...I went home anticipating that phone call from my GP telling me what the results were...I waited, I waited, I waited...when 5pm came & went, I knew I was in for the next morning...I was beginning to wonder how they were going to treat the ulcers they were giving to me, lol...

No comments:

Post a Comment