Monday, January 31, 2011

My first brain fry...

They girls at the office called me to tell me that my first appt would be a bit longer than the rest cuz they had to set up the measurements on the machine the first time. I went in and she put me on the table and put the mask on me. If you can't tell from the pic, the mask is actually locked down to the table so that my head cannot move. It sounded like a torture device but actually wasn't that confining. I couldn't move my head but the mesh was so open that it really didn't feel that confined. I can hear fine thru it and talk thru it so I was okay. She started doing the measurements & we chatted about what to expect...all the things I had talked about with my friend yesterday. It was nice to hear the exact same things from both of them. About 20 minutes later, she told me we were done with the measurement part and we were gonna do my first treatment. Be still and I'll be back in a minute. She walked out, flipped a switch, and a little hum came on for about 30 seconds. She came back in and switched the machine to the other side. She went back out, flip, hum, 30 seconds later, she was back. 'You're done!' She told me that was all it was gonna be from here on out with here. I could even bring my baby and the girls up front would push him around in his stroller for the total of 7 minutes it takes up to do this each day. Wow! Okay!

No comments:

Post a Comment