Monday, January 31, 2011

Screwy little eyeballs...

The last half of January I started getting a spot in my eyesight. It was like when you look up in the sun and it's a gray spot, but this didn't seem to be going away and it was always in the same spot. It made me nervous and I gave it a week to see if it'd subside. It didn't and I decided that, considering all my past experiences, that I wouldn't put off a visit to the doctor. I went to see my GP just for a visit & to show him the new pups, then off to the eye doctor...The eye doc took a look and said he thought I had a patch burned into my visual field from the optical migraines I get. Unfortunately, he thought it also would be a permanent spot. UGH! He still wanted me to go get an MRI to be sure all was good. I went that afternoon for that....I've never done an MRI and I gotta say...UCK! I'm not claustrophobic, I quite enjoy my PET scans where they strap me all warmly bundled to a table and shoot me into an open ended tube for a 30 minute nap...but this thing was different. I was on a table and they put ear buds in my ears (cuz it's loud), then they put my head in an open box & stuff it with cotton on both side. Lastly there's a plastic mask thing that goes over your face. The face thing I could handle but the sensory deprivation from everything being muffled almost made me come out of my skin and this thing last for 45 minutes!! I hated it!!! Not to mention the pressure that still comes down on my chest when I lay completely flat on my back for too long....oh well, it was done...finally....
The nurse told me to wait in the waiting room so the doctor could make sure it was done right. I sat there for about 10 minutes....I began to wonder what was taking so long....15 minutes, 20 minutes.....okay, my mind is just in overdrive now....

No comments:

Post a Comment