Monday, July 19, 2010

Looking back and looking ahead...

Yep, so we did go out to hear our friends Saturday night & I did go without a wrap on my head...it was okay, not toooo many stares but, man oh man, if one more person rubs my head I'm gonna start swingin'! Why do people feel like they can touch you like that...I mean, when you hug someone or shake their hand, it gives them an opportunity to extend their arms to condone the action, but for someone to just come up and start rubbing a part of your body, c'mon....keeps you're hands to yourself unless you ask...The other thing that got on my last nerve were the stories...I mean, don't get me wrong, I want to be an inspiration and have no problem discussing cancer with someone and hearing their victory stories about themselves or someone they love, but why people think I want OR NEED to hear their story about someone who died of breast cancer at an early age while I'm obviously out to enjoy myself is beyond me...and not just one person but FIVE...I guess maybe I'm the crazy one & this is normal if so many people think that it's beneficial for me to hear this while I'm trying to socialize & relax...maybe I'm being too sensitive but I'M the one that is fighting cancer so please find a sensitivity chip when encountering me in a social atmosphere...this is not to discourage anyone from telling me stories on here or via e-mail, it's just I have created these platforms for just such things and it's in these venues that I prepare myself to deal with heavy emotions...not in a bar with a rock band on stage!
Tomorrow is my first of 3 maintenance chemo sessions...I'm pretty on edge about this one. The nurse told me that these meds have no nausea side effects but they do come with double the pain of the last 7...fabulous! We're all just hoping that my body relates to these as well as the last and my side effects are minimal. I hafta take 5 steroid pills tonite...lol...if loss of appetite and weight are signs of cancer, I must be cured cuz the dang little pills are keeping my head stuck in the fridge and I've gained about 25-30 pounds in the last 6 months! I'll let you guys know how it goes later on in the week...keep sayin' your prayers for me, PLEASE!

No comments:

Post a Comment