Wednesday, June 15, 2011

A little bit of cute...

Now last year when my hair fell out, I felt very empowered to be bald...after the weight gain and the baldness, it was just annoying this time & I decided maybe I should try some wigs...I went to the wig shop where this older but very eccentric woman had lots of experience fitting wigs for cancer patients...I took my 12 year old daughter with me and we had a blast picking out wigs in different styles, lengths, and colors and trying them on...I picked a couple out that I felt good in, one short, one long, and the lady even gave me a discount on them...I spent some weeks wearing them when I went out in public (more the short cuz it looked better on my round face). It brought me back a little further to feel normal when I wanted to....eventually in the first 4 weeks of chemo, my brows & lashes fell out again and I felt odd with hair on my head and not my face so I went back to predominantly wearing my bandannas....I still wear the wigs occasionally and feel good in them but it's only for special occasions. I still wouldn't recommend them for everyone, but if you feel it, buy one and try it out. I was shocked at the difference it made when I needed them!!

No comments:

Post a Comment