Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Waiting for light to get kicked in the head...

After my radiation, my radiologist explained to me that it would takes weeks longer for it to work. It would continue to bake in my head and keep my brain swollen and keep working so we wouldn't test for the results for a while....hmmmmm, how do I take that....do I remain depressed about brain cancer or do I push it out of my mind while there was nothing I could do about it and get the heck out of my funk for my family, as well as my self preservation? I did choose the latter and began coming back to the world....
Then I got a reason to refocus...it was PET scan time and I had every confidence that it was time for my continue good news...uh-oh...not the case...when the results came back, I was told I had a reoccurrence in my liver. The good news was that it was very small, very concentrated spots right outside the scars from the original cancer which meant my body was trying to contain it and my oncologist felt it wouldn't be had to eradicate. However, the bad news was, back on chemo....it was almost enough to knock me back into my funk until I remembered how well my chemo went last time...much easier than the radiation, no weight gain, and I had a sense of peace knowing that there was going to be medicine constantly coursing thru my veins fighting with my body. Okay, no depression...back to fighting mode...it was refreshing...

No comments:

Post a Comment