Saturday, February 18, 2012

It's been a while...

I've been gone off my blog a while & it's not becuz there wasn't anything going on....I went back & read my last input & well, it's been a rollercoaster since almost that post.
Right after that post, my husband asked me for a divorce. He blames it on the gambling I did when I was in my depression but it's so much more than that. First of all, he's a gambler, so it's not like he thinks it's a token sin. I did do it quite a bit but NEVER put my family's finances in jeopardy. Secondly, part of my depression was from the fact I was always home alone with the kids. He was working 60+ hours a week & just almost refused to come home early or take time off. It got so that our kids only saw him on Sundays & that was spent with him taking only one of them to the bowling alley for most of the afternoon. It was lonely & I felt very deserted. If I dare mentioned anything negative about my attitude with cancer, he wanted no part of discussing it...it was over...he was gone emotionally...I resented it TREMENDOUSLY!! I spent July finding a home for me & my 2 kids. I fortunately have some wonderful family whose privacy I will protect by only saying, they are my angels. The love and support of my closest friends got me thru July & August & we got moved into our new home and, for the first time, when I had an opportunity to breath, I realized how much my homelife before was strangling me. The marriage had crumbled & with it was part of strength. I was slowly finding it again in the hope for a future with my babies...nothing to hold me back or to stifle me. Sure, the prospect of growing old alone was kinda a downer but growing OLD was actually the target now & THAT felt pretty dang good to want again!

3 comments:

  1. That is horrible that you had to go through that. My Aunt Linda went through something similar when she was diagnosed for the SECOND time with breast cancer. She had a double and her fiancé of seven years decided to leave... it was so hard for her. But she married her "soul mate" five years later, right before she was diagnosed with Colon cancer. She has always said that the best thing that happened to her was Louis leaving her. I hope and pray every day that you win this battle, and that someday in the future you feel the same way! I love you girl! My prayers are always with you!
    Jess Drury

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lee Ann, I cant stop reading your blog. I still cant believe your gone... RIP sweetie. We will miss you more than you know..

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with anonymous. I MISS your posts and have been reading the blogs. My heart hurts for your kids.

    ReplyDelete