Thursday, May 27, 2010

And the results are in...

Okay, let me first mention that I was now to spend the next 2 weeks not picking anything up including our baby...it was a necessary evil in my healing but excruciating...here was my newborn baby that I had spent the last 2 months limited in how I could hold him and now I couldn't hold him at all...I'm sooooo glad he was too little to know any of this is going on...I wished that ignorant bliss for my older two kids too but alas, they did know, and they were troopers thru it all...between my family, my husband's family, my dear friends, we made a plan to get thru the next couple of weeks with me having round the clock help...it was literally overwhelming at the love of so many people who helped us...

back to the other reality, the next week it was time to go hear the results of all the icky they had cut out of my breast. We went to the surgeon's office and he told us that it was definitely cancer...I didn't realize how much in the back of my mind I had held out hope that it was not going to be...more tears...but we got it together and made an appointment with the radiologist my surgeon suggested to see what treatment would be best to have before the mastectomy, radiation or maybe chemo...we'll see...the ball was rolling and we just wanted to keep it going so we could find the end to this tunnel...

No comments:

Post a Comment