Tuesday, May 25, 2010

In the beginning, there was gonna be happily ever after...


This was me...for 39 years on this earth...20 years of bartending had taught me to have a sense of humor about the world and definitely not to take things too seriously. My Mother had been diagnosed with breast cancer and for the sake of preserving her privacy since she passed in 2007 (not from breast cancer), all I will basically say is that my parents' shielded me from most of her battle cuz I guess you're not supposed to let your kids see ya suffer...most of the details I learned about what she went thru came after I was diagnosed...
At the ripe old age of 39, I had a gorgeous 11 year old daughter, a new marriage of a couple of years to the man I finally figured out I was suppose to spend the rest of my life with who wanted to afford me the life of being a stay at home mom, a 13 year old stepson, and I thought I had it all figured out...NEVER EVER SAY THOSE WORDS TO YOURSELF cuz life will throw a water balloon at your head just to wake ya up!
In March 2009 I went to see a gyn/ob with what I thought were signs of early menopause....LOL....this is why they don't let people without medical degrees make diagnosis...I was pregnant! Now if I failed to mention, my gorgeous husband is almost 8 years younger than me and thought this was great news...giving birth at 40 was not my idea of celebratory situation...it grew on me though, and after hyperventilating for a few hours and picking myself up off the floor, I came to the realization that this would be a wonderful new edition to an otherwise perfect family we were creating...so...fast forward about 7-1/2 months...
The end of October I noticed a quarter sized lump under my left nipple...hmmmmmm...I asked my OB about it and was met with the comment that I was just lactating, nothing to worry about...whew, thank goodness...I'm fine and a bit paranoid...LOL...funny tho, I don't remember lactating pre-delivery the first time around, but I am a million years old this time, so what do I know...I'll leave it to the doctor and he says I'm just fine! YAY! Baby boy due in December!

No comments:

Post a Comment