Wednesday, May 26, 2010

The doctor will fix it...

So at my first post delivery appointment with my gyn/ob, I expressed concern for the fact that my left breast was so tender and painful that I couldn't lay my 8lb baby on it...he was flippant at best, explaining that I was lactating (a word I was growing to detest) and had a blocked milk duct that would work itself out. He suggested, wait for this one....I put cabbage in my bra! He said that cabbage is a natural way to draw toxins out of the skin and that I should try it. He even joked that I would smell like a salad for a few days. Did I mention that at this point he still hadn't even peeked at my breast? He's the doctor so I ran to Publix, bought some cabbage, and began a week of being a walking salad bar...

1 comment:

  1. What an asshole!! I hope I soon get to hear about how you smacked him upside his stupid, arrogant, incompetent head!!!
    ~Tracy

    ReplyDelete