Thursday, May 27, 2010

Cut it out!

Friday morning, surgery time! YAY! Of course I had some nervousness cuz after all, someone was fixin' to knock me out and cut me open but I was so excited that when I woke up that this huge demon was going to be out of my body...I checked into South Florida Baptist Hospital in Plant City and was finally home...the original doctors were with a group in Lakeland and I always felt like a number not a person there...I was in PC and knew some of the staff and my doctors and just felt like these people were really there to take care of me...
the next thing I knew I was waking up in a recovery bed...I looked down and of course there were huge bandages over my chest and I had another drain coming out of me...I knew I was still hopped up on pain meds but for the first time in many many weeks, there was no pain, no weight pulling from my chest, it was, to say the very least, nice...I remember the surgeon coming in thru my fog and telling me he removed a cyst about the size of my fist and took some of the inflamed tissue around it as well to check. He said it was an odd thing and that he couldn't be sure exactly what was going on in there but we'd know all that from the biopsy and that for now, my breast was in much better shape...I took that to mean maybe there was a sliver of hope that it wasn't cancer but we'd cross that bridge later...right now, no pain, just Heaven...
drifted back off to sleep...

No comments:

Post a Comment