Thursday, May 27, 2010

The wait is excruciating...

My husband and I sat around for three days waiting for something to happen...I took my pills like I was suppose to and had the two 'big dog' back up prescriptions filled and on the ready for the impending nausea that might come...we waited, we waited, we waited...hmmmmm, nothing is happening...wait a minute, that's a good thing! Friday came and I hadn't had one sense of sickness...wow, I was almost afraid to be thankful...I was afraid to have any positive emotion yet I couldn't help it...I had gotten thru the first treatment window without getting sick and now I had the 'pacmans' in my system 'wonka-wonka-ing' away on those cancer cells...I was feeling a bit empowered, a bit like I could take control back over my body...well, a bit....happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment