Thursday, May 27, 2010

Radiologists...what a big word...

We went to see the radiologist and she was just a hoot...she was a large (not fat, but tall) woman who during the course of conversation told us that she had recently adopted a baby in her 50s with her life partner...this woman was very secure with who she was and it gave me a good feeling that she was someone who could take control of a situation and since it was my situation she was going to control, I was good with that...lol...
when she first came into the office she told me she thought she must be treating a rock star cuz my surgeon AND BP had already called her that morning to discuss me and my case...once again, it was confirmed for us that I was in the care of people who wanted the best for me!
She looked at my breast and my files and made a very un-radiology decision...she felt no need for radiation...radiologists are supposed to wanna do radiation cuz that's what they do, but she wasn't suggesting it...wow, not out to just make the buck, I liked her...there was no tumor to radiate so she wanted me to get a PET scan and see her oncologist partner in case chemotherapy was needed to 'clean up' any left over cells...okay, another doctor...appointment was set for the next day & off we went...

No comments:

Post a Comment