Thursday, May 27, 2010

If I liked citrus milkshakes, I'd of ordered one...

I went and did the first PET scan I'd ever had...I heard the horror stories of the barium I would have to drink...got there and they gave me a much smaller container of stuff than I was expecting so that was good...I popped it open and poured it into the cup and took a sip...why I sipped is beyond me cuz I HAD to drink it no matter what it tasted like so I shoulda just bit the bullet and downed it but I was a wuss...to my surprise it wasn't sooooo bad, kinda like a citrus milkshake that was left out on the counter and warmed...I can do this, so I downed the first cup...the tech came out to get me and picked up the container that was about 3/4 empty and tossed it and the cup I was still trying to get down in the trash...'that's enuff of that'...oh, yippee, cool...we went back and he checked my sugar (oh, btw, you go carb free the day before a PET, so I was soooo looking forward to a Mountain Dew at the end of this)...he explained to me he was gonna inject me with a sugar mixture and I needed to take a 45 minute nap to let it go thru my system...a nap?!? I was liking this test more and more...45 minutes later he took me into a room, strapped me to a bed thingy and I was launched for the next 20 minutes in and out of a tube...it wasn't bad, I took another nap thru most of it...
PET done, now more waiting...

No comments:

Post a Comment